Subject: bug#54539: closed (Re: bug#54539: [PATCH 0/6] Start breaking up import cycles)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2025 09:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#54539: [PATCH 0/6] Start breaking up import cycles

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54539: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54539
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54539: [PATCH 0/6] Start breaking up import cycles
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>, Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2025 11:29:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since there has been no contrary opinion after one month, I am going
ahead and close the issue.

Andreas

Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Start breaking up import cycles
From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 19:46:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Import cycles make some packaging things harder and prevent some
proposed optimisations to "guix pull", let's start eliminating them.
TBC ...