Subject: 27.2; to be disclosed in private

From: Andy Gaynor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 15:26:02 +0100

Hello Emacs folks, this bug involves a file permissions thing
that would be imprudent for me to advertise, I'll leave that to you.
Contact me directly and you'll receive my prompt and full attention,
starting and hopefully ending with a complete bug report.
It's not drama, it's just Emacs.  Thanks for the fancy-pants editor!

Regards, Andy   [email-masked]

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.4)
of 2022-03-11 built on arojas
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Recent messages:
Loading saveplace...done
Loading paren...done
Warning: desktop file appears to be in use by PID 1032.
Using it may cause conflicts.  Use it anyway? (y or n) n
Desktop file in use; not loaded.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int
--with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
-mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
-fcf-protection -flto=auto'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now -flto=auto''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
show-paren-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
desktop-save-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils paren saveplace cus-start cus-load shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring apropos help-mode easymenu cl-macs clause-default-p
defprop predicase mb-depth desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib wile
proper-cons gv void byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 66594 8055)
(symbols 48 8254 1)
(strings 32 21024 2412)
(string-bytes 1 682203)
(vectors 16 11222)
(vector-slots 8 145599 7670)
(floats 8 31 19)
(intervals 56 218 0)
(buffers 1000 11))