Subject: Re: bug#54485: [PATCH] gnu: Add guile-with-openat.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:37:36 +0100

Hi,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> skribis:

> XXX Don't apply yet, let's wait for
> "./pre-inst-env guix build guile-with-openat" to complete first.
>
> This will allow us to work on resolving the >1 year publicly
> known privilege escalation, see <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47584>.
>
> * gnu/packages/guile.scm (guile-with-openat): New variable.

It’s a clever way to remind me (and other interested Guile committers)
of how late we are when it comes to patch review.

I’d rather avoid carrying this many patches in a package, be it Guile or
anything else; that’s not something we usually do.

Instead, I would prefer to actually review and apply the patches
upstream.  I’ve been meaning to do that, really, but it requires a chunk
of time and focus, which keeps leading me to postpone.

Is the latest patch set on guile-devel?  It’s not mentioned at
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46258>.

Thanks,
Ludo’.