Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] gnu: emacs-xyz: Add info manuals of packages

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 09:22:24 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 20.03.2022 um 18:03 +0530 schrieb Jai Vetrivelan:
> I noticed that a few packages had info manuals in their repositories,
> but they were not installed by Guix. This patch series updates the
> existing definions to add those Info manuals, and adds a few similar
> packages.
> 
> 1) The .info files were generated from .org files in the repository
>    and I attempted to install them through this command:
> 
>    "emacs --batch --eval=(require 'ox-texinfo) --eval=(find-file
> \"README.org\") --eval=(org-texinfo-export-to-info)"
> 
>    Is there a better way for this?
There is emacs-batch-eval in (guix build emacs-utils), which is already
part of the emacs-build-system imports.  This currently appears to only
affect six packages, but if that's a trend we might want to offer a
build phase for it.  Note that the default include regexp already
contains "\\.info$", so you only need to build it.

> 2) modus-themes is a part of emacs (since v28 iirc), would the info 
>    manual of emacs-modus-themes take precedence of the info manual
>    provided with emacs?
That'd probably depend on the ordering.  I'm not sure if installing
modus-themes on top of 28 is even expected, but whatever floats your
boat, I guess.

Cheers