Subject: bug#54464: 29.0.50; Four display bugs (NS-port related ?)

From: Konrad Podczeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 14:24:55 +0100

Using the NS-port, I observe the following display bugs (without any personal customizations):

(1) Leaving Emacs with an unsaved buffer, the text in the "Close ..." button seems to be cut: only the text "Close Without Sa" appears, the letter "a" only half.

(2) Starting Emacs, all Toolbar Buttons appear as enabled. Only after mouse-clicking somewhere in the text, or doing M-x, they become disabled.

(3) Do a change in a buffer, then undo the change using the toolbar button for "undo", so that the this button become disabled. Now just mouse clicking somewhere in the textfield of the buffer, makes the "undo" button enabled again.

(4) Opening a file via double clicking on the file icon is only successful with a long delay.

Konrad

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.4.0, NS appkit-2113.40 Version 12.3 (Build 21E230))
 of 2022-03-19 built on iMac-von-Konrad
Repository revision: 2f1fbf20ad957331b34bb3914e06185b3b34a1a1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.3

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GLIB GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher cus-start
cus-load recentf tree-widget wid-edit bug-reference company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator xref
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company pcase reftex-dcr reftex
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars bib-cite tex-bar toolbar-x flyspell ispell
noutline outline dbus xml tex-buf font-latex latex easy-mmode edmacro
kmacro latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake project warnings thingatpt
tex-ispell tex-style tex crm texmathp tex-mode compile
text-property-search shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring latexenc
tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 165019 11995)
 (symbols 48 16574 1)
 (strings 32 56655 1904)
 (string-bytes 1 1672993)
 (vectors 16 29844)
 (vector-slots 8 386725 13590)
 (floats 8 94 53)
 (intervals 56 876 0)
 (buffers 992 16))