Subject: [bug#54440] Updates for genext2fs and genimage

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:49:50 +0100

Hello Vagrant,

Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have updates for genext2fs and genimage!
>
> Newer versions of the genext2fs tool have support for things like
> SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH, and Guix seems keen on reproducible builds, so Guix
> may as well have the latest and greatest genext2fs!

Yup, sounds like an interesting option!  I’m not sure yet it can be used
as a drop-in replacement in (gnu build images), but we’ll see.

> Updating genext2fs triggered test suite failures in genimage, which I
> also noticed was a slightly out of date... so updated that too!
>
> Will submit the patches once I get a bug number... (that's really how
> this is supposed to be done still?)

Yes.  :-)

The patches LGTM, thank you!

Ludo’.