Subject: bug#54436: 28.0.91; Only every second mouse wheel scroll is registered

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 10:13:54 +0800

Urban Duh <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for the insightful answers. The issue was indeed PGTK, the
> official build of Emacs 28 works fine. I didn't realize that the
> version I used was not official, sorry.  However, the same issue still
> exists in Emacs 29 on Wayland and X (tested on GNOME on both X and
> Wayland, using emacs-git with PGTK from AUR, which compiles from
> development master branch), where PGTK is officially supported. Based
> on your responses, it seems that this is a known issue

The PGTK build is not supported on X Windows even in Emacs 29.  It just
doesn't work well enough.

On the other hand, I don't see why that would happen on Wayland.  Do you
see a similar problem with a different mouse?  And can you verify that
your build is actually running in Wayland and not Xwayland?

Thanks.

> but I cannot find any corresponding bug report (I could have missed it
> though, I'm a bit clumsy with GNU's bug report logs). Should this bug
> report be moved to Emacs version 29? Or should I report the issue
> again for Emacs 29?

You should leave it as-is, I think.