Subject: bug#54433: 29.0.50; Invalid read syntax: "#<" with async-bytecomp

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 01:09:24 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here is the issue:
>
> https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-async/issues/153

For now I gave the advice to print symbols with `print-symbols-bare'
bound to t...

> byte-optimize--dynamic-vars ->
> (#<symbol original-date at 24141> #<symbol number at 24125>)

... and leave it to you to decide if this should be fixed.  It's not a
big surprise to find symbols with positions in an internal variable of
the byte compiler.  If the position information is of no relevance in
that variable, I guess you can strip the positions?

BTW, async-bytecomp just compiles files in another Emacs instance for
better speed.  The concept is really simple.  It only informs the other
instance of some variable bindings it needs to know
(e.g. default-directory and load-path) - and
`byte-optimize--dynamic-vars' is one of them.  The values are being
printed in the original session and `read' and assigned in the slave
instance.

Michael.