Subject: Re: bug#54433: 29.0.50; Invalid read syntax: "#<" with async-bytecomp

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 00:50:17 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> Could you please give a recipe for this situation, preferably starting
> from emacs -Q?  I don't know how to use async-bytecomp.el, for
> example.

Here is the issue:

https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-async/issues/153

But I don't think async or async-bytecomp is related to this issue at
all.  It only hits an issue with vanilla Emacs.  I think it's not
necessary for you to have a look at async, unless you are interested,
also because I have a recipe for emacs -Q:

Byte compile lisp/calendar/appt.el (I did that with B from dired); after
that:

byte-optimize--dynamic-vars ->
(#<symbol original-date at 24141> #<symbol number at 24125>)

The problem for async-bytecomp is then only that a result like this is
not `read'able after being printed.

Thierry has removed that variable from the list of handled variables for
now which circumvents the problem.

Michael.