Subject: bug#54424: closed (Re: bug#54424: Broken links in cookbook)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 18:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54424: Broken links in cookbook

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54424: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54424
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54424: Broken links in cookbook
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 20:20:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> skribis:

> 1) I noticed that the following link (diff below) to "Package Reference"
> looks to have changed to lowercase "package Reference" but not updated
> (there is a working link closely following). Then I scanned the page and
> found additional broken links:
>
> 2) The link at the end of "Go ahead, run guix install sicp and start
> reading with info sicp (see Structure and Interpretation of Computer
> Programs)" is an internal reference but does not appear in the cookbook?
>
> 3) The language links (I see "This manual is also available in French (see
> Livre de recettes de GNU Guix) and German (see GNU-Guix-Kochbuch)" from
> English) are broken and need the digraph to precede the ".html" path suffix
> (but not for 'en'!).

Fixed with these three commits:

  868da34d54 doc: Fix cookbook URLs in htmlxref.cnf.
  6e747c3d50 doc: cookbook: Fix cross-reference to SICP.
  63a11f92d1 doc: cookbook: Fix cross-reference to the manual.

It should propagate to the on-line copy within an hour.

Note that SICP doesn’t have a Texinfo-compatible set of HTML pages
on-line, so that links will unfortunately remain broken.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: Broken links in cookbook
From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 11:24:52 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1) I noticed that the following link (diff below) to "Package Reference"
looks to have changed to lowercase "package Reference" but not updated
(there is a working link closely following). Then I scanned the page and
found additional broken links:

2) The link at the end of "Go ahead, run guix install sicp and start
reading with info sicp (see Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs)" is an internal reference but does not appear in the cookbook?

3) The language links (I see "This manual is also available in French (see
Livre de recettes de GNU Guix) and German (see GNU-Guix-Kochbuch)" from
English) are broken and need the digraph to precede the ".html" path suffix
(but not for 'en'!).

Greg

diff --git a/doc/guix-cookbook.texi b/doc/guix-cookbook.texi
index d2ce525998..2caad5c3bb 100644
--- a/doc/guix-cookbook.texi
+++ b/doc/guix-cookbook.texi
@@ -900,7 +900,7 @@ Installed in the store and in the profile, as well as
 being present at build time.
 @end table

-@xref{Package Reference,,, guix, GNU Guix Reference Manual} for more
details.
+@xref{package Reference,,, guix, GNU Guix Reference Manual} for more
details.

 The distinction between the various inputs is important: if a dependency
can be
 handled as an @emph{input} instead of a @emph{propagated input}, it should
be done so, or