Subject: Re: bug#54423: 29.0.50; gnus-fetch-original-field returns nil in digest

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:59:43 +0100

Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

> In the group gmane.comp.security.risks on server nntp:news.gmane.io open
> an article and type C-d (gnus-summary-enter-digest-group).
> Then enter a message from the summary buffer (e.g., SPC)
> and now (gnus-fetch-original-field "Newsgroups") returns nil instead of
> "gmane.comp.security.risks" as it should.
> The variable gnus-original-article-buffer evaluates to
> " *Original Article gmane.comp.security.risks*"
> and that buffer starts like this:

I think there's a misunderstanding here -- the "original" that the
function is fetching is the unformatted "original" version of the thing
that's displayed in the *Article* buffer.  It has nothing to do with how
the article was sourced (which was via a digest in this case).

So this is working as designed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no