Subject: Re: bug#5441: 23.1.91; rmail error "Malformed quoted-printable text"

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:11:48 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:35:26 +0900
> > Cc: 
> > 
> > While reading mails by rmail, I encountered "Malformed
> > quoted-printable text" error.  When I try to delete that
> > message by typing 'd', the same error was signaled.
> > 
> > The reason is that rmail-show-message-1 calls
> > mail-unquote-printable-region, and
> > mail-unquote-printable-region signals that error.  For a
> > workaround, I applied this patch to rmail-show-message-1,

> Was the quoted-printable part indeed invalid?  Can you show an example
> of that invalid part?

I don't know, I've already deleted those messages because
they were spams.  I'll check the contents when I get such a
message next time.

> Maybe we should fix
> mail-unquote-printable-region to cope with such cases.

I'm not sure.  I've just noticed that the function accepts
the argument NOERROR.  So, perhaps rmail-show-message-1
should call mail-unquote-printable-region with that arg t.

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]