Subject: [bug#54393] [PATCH 0/2] Add 'guix manifest' to "translate" commands to manifests

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 07:48:29 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 at 23:17, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Thank you for addressing the suggestion to reuse an existing sub-command
> > to try to keep things neatly organized instead of extending the already
> > large set of them :-).

As discussed on IRC [1], it could nice in the future to have a warning
message when some options are incompatible.  For instance,

    guix package --install hello --export-channels
    guix shell --container --export-manifest

etc.  And it would probably be an easy first contribution, or listed
as such. :-)

1: <https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix-hpc/2022-04-04.log#140437>

> Pushed as b1e7e64f351fa03a66ce1f9776f9ba84cf2c6294 together with a news
> entry.

Cool!  Thanks.

Cheers,
simon