Subject: bug#54374: 29.0.50; previous-completion fails at beginning of completions buffer

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:49:16 +0000

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I didn't notice that, because completion-auto-select was enabled on my
>> end.  How about this:
>>
>> (Note that this also fixes the "issue" jumping back to the beginning of
>> the same completion option, if the point is not at the beginning of said
>> option.)
>
> Thanks, this fixed the issue.  And I noticed another one: at the
> beginning of the buffer previous-completion wraps to the end of the buffer,
> not to the beginning of the last completion.
>
> Also when point at the last completion, next-completion
> jumps to the end of the buffer instead of wrapping to the
> first completion.

I cannot replicate this issue in every case, but only if the last option
has completion annotation.  It should be fixable by checking for these
kinds of edge-cases, but it might also be better to reconsider if
next-completion should be using `mouse-face' for navigation, or if a
special text property might be more elegant?

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic