Subject: bug#54370: network problem or intentional blocking?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 20:50:39 +0100

[Resending to the proper address, sorry; I'm mu4e-less and hence 
incompetent :-]

Hi!

On 2022-03-13 20:00, poiNt_3D wrote:

> Is it possible to set the firewall to allow only public services to be 
> accessed from these IP ranges?

I'm afraid we don't control the berlin firewall or have much sway in how 
it's managed, so there's little point in discussing such actions.

> can be easily interpreted as a political decision

With Russia waging war, it seems likely that these Russian ISPs tolerate 
abusive traffic for political reasons.  There are probably political 
consequences for those who refuse.

The Internet was and still is built on ISP accountability and gives 
targets few other tools to effectively defend themselves, short of 
blocking such IP ranges.

I wish there were a better answer than 'use Tor' for those stuck in the 
cross-fire :-(

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.