Subject: bug#54370: network problem or intentional blocking?

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:30:27 +0100

Hi,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I believe bayfront was being setup to serve the website (see [1]), but
> I'm not sure on how that's progressing.
>
> 1: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/commit/?id=8250a46b2fa178d1cdd37986028d5a07e3db65ed

Indeed.  The plan we discussed during the “sysadmin hackathon” a couple
of months ago was to, for instance, have the DNS entry point to these
two machines.

The problem we keep stumbling upon and that I don’t know how yet how to
solve is how to make it work for HTTPS: do we copy raw certificates to
bayfront, or is there a way to have separate certificates?  How about
Let’s Encrypt challenges?

These are the last issues to solve and I’d welcome expertise here.  Any
ideas?

Everything else is addressed: the web site gets built on bayfront just
like it is on berlin, static data such as videos and PDFs are
automatically mirrored to bayfront.

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/commit/?id=601691e7ea07c999d60993464b27d4cba2621f05

Thanks,
Ludo’.