Subject: bug#54367: 29.0.50; error on "M-x list-package"

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 09:12:20 +0530

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Emacs works fine with a fresh ".emacs.d" directory. I created a new
>> ~/.emacs.d and then copied my init.el into it. With just this emacs
>> works fine.
>>
>> Probably some package has gone rogue in my older emacs.d.
>>
>> Need to find out.
>
> It's been a month -- did you make any progress in tracking down the
> problem, or has it gone away?

The problem is not reproducible.

I have kept the old config directory with me. It gave some error at
launch. But when I deleted the "elpa" directory and reinstalled all the
packages the problem is no longer reproducible. Probably something got
corrupted in the "elpa" dir back then.