Subject: Re: bug#54367: 29.0.50; error on "M-x list-package"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:45:14 +0100

Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> writes:

> I get this error when calling "M-x list-packages":
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable mm-automatic-display)
>   signal(void-variable (mm-automatic-display))

[...]

>   url-http-activate-callback()

Well, that's an odd one.  We're in an async callback, and the backtrace
doesn't say what function this is in.

The only place the variable mm-automatic-display is referred to outside
of mm-decode (which defines it) is in gnus-icalendar-setup.  Which seems
unlikely to be called here.

Do you have a package that refers to that variable (without requiring
mm-decode first)?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no