Subject: Re: [bug#54351] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-xah-fly-keys.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 18:59:31 +0100

Jai Vetrivelan schreef op za 12-03-2022 om 17:53 [+0530]:
> There's no COPYING or LICENSE file in the repository, and the emacs-
> lisp
> file states:
> 
> ┌────
> │ ;; License: GPL v2. Tell your friends to buy a copy.
> └────
> 
> Please let me know if this package is considered free software to be
> included in Guix. Thank you.

Emacs is GPL3+ (according to guix show).  This extension of Emacs is
GPL2-only (according to the package definition).  Seems like the author
intended it to be free software, but accidentally made a license
incompatibility?  

Additionally, IIRC, the GPL has some requirements about including a
copy of the GPL.

I assume these issue would be easy to correct by contacting upstream.

I looked a little further and saw
<https://github.com/xahlee/xah-fly-keys/issues/28>, so I guess that the
.el is just a little out-of-date.

Greetings,
Maxime.