Subject: 29.0.50; calc-mode display issues when line-height is not nil

From: Trevor Ballard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:59:14 -0500

1. (in shell) emacs -Q
2. (in Emacs) M-: (setq-default line-spacing 1)
3. Enter a long series of numbers and sum them up.
   i. In the main Calc window, top element of the stack will not fit entirely in the window.
   ii. In the Calc Trail window, the trail will not follow user input.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-01-01 built on abaia
Repository revision: 1d3020908b4e4ff398c3faed9321aa4932fbaad1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 21.10

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-native-compilation --with-imagemagick
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK
JPEG LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Calculator

Minor modes in effect:
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  global-dash-fontify-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/trevor/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220101.1024/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail calc-alg calc-ext calc-misc
calc-menu org-variable-pitch avk-daylight-theme notmuch notmuch-tree
notmuch-jump notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto
notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc
notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash coolj
notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs notmuch-tag
notmuch-lib notmuch-compat mm-view mml-smime smime dig fish-mode
haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support
dabbrev haskell-customize company-anaconda anaconda-mode pythonic f
python paredit company-shell company-quickhelp pos-tip company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company ess-site ess-toolbar ess-jags-d ess-bugs-d
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-sp6-d ess-r-mode
ess-r-flymake flymake-proc flymake ess-r-xref ess-trns ess-r-package
ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd hideshow ess-s-lang
ess-help ess-mode ess-inf ess-tracebug ess ess-utils ess-custom ob-latex
ob-R anki-editor request ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-noter
org-download org-attach org-id url-http url-auth url-gw nsm doct tex
dbus xml texmathp org-upcoming-modeline org-ql peg org-habit org-agenda
org-refile org-element avl-tree generator ts s org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol
org-keys oc org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs doct-autoloads toc-mode pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func
cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools cus-edit cus-load
pdf-view magit-bookmark bookmark pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq
pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode exif rst evil evil-keybindings
evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands reveal flyspell ispell
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-search evil-ex evil-types
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util ein magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup pcase
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit message yank-media rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm eyebrowse dash time
highlight-parentheses tramp-sh kubernetes-tramp tramp-cache tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec recentf
tree-widget wid-edit which-key helm async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async smex edmacro
kmacro counsel xdg advice xref project dired dired-loaddefs compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color swiper ivy delsel ivy-faces
ivy-overlay colir color straight-autoloads straight diminish use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra ido winner hl-line tex-site geiser-impl
help-fns radix-tree help-mode geiser-custom geiser-base ring rx info
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 818480 40878)
 (symbols 48 53829 2)
 (strings 32 223374 9219)
 (string-bytes 1 7224430)
 (vectors 16 96706)
 (vector-slots 8 2017595 53725)
 (floats 8 489 260)
 (intervals 56 809 113)
 (buffers 992 17))