Subject: bug#54339: closed (Re: bug#54339: 13.1.1; TeX-quote-after-quote not set correctly in language styles)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 21:49:01 +0000

Your bug report

#54339: 13.1.1; TeX-quote-after-quote not set correctly in language styles

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54339: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54339
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54339: 13.1.1; TeX-quote-after-quote not set correctly in language styles
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Frank Fischer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 22:48:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Frank,

in future, please keep the [email-masked] in Cc, Thanks.

Frank Fischer <[email-masked]> writes:

> that would be a much better solution, indeed.

I pushed a change to AUCTeX repo (806100f29a) which should fix the issue
you've reported.  Note that I actually deleted those old variables.  So
please customize `TeX-quote-language-alist' if you want to adjust the
behavior.

Again, thanks for your report which I'm closing now.

Best, Arash

Subject: 13.1.1; TeX-quote-after-quote not set correctly in language styles
From: Frank Fischer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:51:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Language style files initialize the fourth argument of
`TeX-quote-language` from a language specific variable. For instance
consider the following lines (currently 45-48) from german.el

    (q-after-q (if (and (boundp 'LaTeX-german-quote-after-quote)
                        LaTeX-german-quote-after-quote)
                   LaTeX-german-quote-after-quote
                 t)))

There is no way q-after-q can be set to nil by setting
`LaTeX-german-quote-after-quote` to nil because of the if condition.
The correct code is probably

    (q-after-q (if (boundp 'LaTeX-german-quote-after-quote)
                   LaTeX-german-quote-after-quote
                 t)))

There might be similar issues in other language style files.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d 
scroll
bars)
  of 2021-03-28, modified by Debian
Package: 13.1.1

current state:
==============
(setq
  AUCTeX-date "2022-02-22"
  window-system 'x
  LaTeX-version "2e"
  TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"
                   "/home/fifr/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.1.1/style"
                   "/home/fifr/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
                   "/home/fifr/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
  TeX-auto-save t
  TeX-parse-self nil
  TeX-master t
  TeX-command-list '(("LatexMk"
                      "latexmk %(-PDF)%S%(mode) %(file-line-error) 
%(extraopts)
%t"
                      TeX-run-latexmk nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode) :help
                      "Run LatexMk")
                     ("TeX"
                      "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts) %S%
(PDFout)%(mode)%' %(output-dir) %t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil
                      (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run plain TeX")
                     ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil
                      (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
                     ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %(o-dir) %t"
                      TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                     ("Makeinfo HTML"
                      "makeinfo %(extraopts) %(o-dir) --html %t"
                      TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                     ("AmSTeX"
                      "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%' %(output-
dir) %t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                     ("ConTeXt"
                      "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts) 
%(execopts)%t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt 
once")
                     ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help
                      "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                     ("BibTeX" "bibtex %(O?aux)" TeX-run-BibTeX nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode context-mode)
                      :help "Run BibTeX")
                     ("Biber" "biber %(output-dir) %s" TeX-run-Biber nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run Biber")
                     ("Texindex" "texindex %s.??" TeX-run-command nil
                      (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Texindex")
                     ("Texi2dvi" "%(PDF)texi2dvi %t" TeX-run-command nil
                      (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Texi2dvi or Texi2pdf")
                     ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
                      "Run Viewer")
                     ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the 
file")
                     ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
                      "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
                     ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Generate PostScript file")
                     ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                     ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx -o %(O?pdf) %d" 
TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                     ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f %(O?pdf)" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                     ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %(d-dir) %s" 
TeX-run-command
                      nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
                     ("Index" "makeindex %(O?idx)" TeX-run-index nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run makeindex to create index file")
                     ("upMendex" "upmendex %(O?idx)" TeX-run-index t
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run upmendex to create index file")
                     ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil
                      (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                       texinfo-mode)
                      :help "Run xindy to create index file")
                     ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                      :help "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                     ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil 
(latex-mode)
                      :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                     ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" 
TeX-run-function nil
                      t :help "Spell-check the document")
                     ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                      "Delete generated intermediate files")
                     ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t 
:help
                      "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                     ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help
                      "Run an arbitrary command")
                     )
  )