Subject: Re: [bug#54335] [PATCH 14/14] gnu: Add nebula.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:59:24 +0100

Dominic Martinez schreef op do 10-03-2022 om 22:47 [-0500]:
> +     "Nebula is a scalable overlay networking tool with a focus on performance,
> +simplicity and security.  It lets you seamlessly connect computers anywhere in
> +the world.  Nebula is portable, and runs on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and
> +Android.

Android is just a form of Linux with an unusual userspace, so no need
to mention it here.  Also,

>   It can be used to connect a small number of computers, but is also
> +able to connect tens of thousands of computers.")

This description reads like marketing talk (unqualified ‘seamless’,
‘performance’, ‘simplicity’, ‘security’).  The seamless seems factually
incorrect, since there is not corresponding Shepherd service.
 
As requested in (guix)Synopses and Descriptions, could the marketing be
left out, instead staying factual and descriptive?

E.g., you could look at the descriptions of 'yggdrasil', 'gnunet', 'go-
ipfs' and 'wireguard' and see if some things could be reused, or if
some things are out-of-scope or missing in Nebula and mention that.

Also, there are some binaries in 'dist/windows/wintun' -- even non-
free!

Greetings,
Maxime.