Subject: [bug#54335] [PATCH 11/14] gnu: Add go-google-golang-org-protobuf.

From: Dominic Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:41:30 -0500

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +(define-public go-google-golang-org-protobuf
>> +  (package
>> +    (name "go-google-golang-org-protobuf")
>
> A presumably compatible package is already packaged:
> 'go-github-com-gogo-protobuf'.  Perhaps that package suffices?

Annoyingly, the upstream Nebula source actively uses both 
go-github-com-gogo-protobuf and go-google-golang-org-protobuf, and 
they are not interchangeable.

> Also, what's the difference with 
> 'go-github-com-golang-protobuf-proto',
> besides the unimportant difference in repository location?

go-github-com-golang-protobuf-proto was superceded by 
go-google-golang-org-protobuf. Per the repo, 
go-google-golang-org-protobuf contains "an updated and simplified 
API, support for protobuf reflection, and many other improvements"