Subject: 29.0.50; Bug with display-buffers-alist

From: Konrad Podczeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:52:47 +0100

Make an init.el just containing the lines

(setq
 display-buffer-base-action
   '((display-buffer-reuse-window display-buffer-pop-up-frame)
    (reusable-frames . t))
 display-buffer-alist
     '(("\\`\\*info\\*\\'"
      (display-buffer-reuse-window display-buffer-pop-up-frame)
       (dedicated . t)
       (pop-up-frame-parameters
       (tool-bar-lines . 1)
       (width . 78)
       (height . 52)
       (left . 786)
       (unsplittable)
       (left-fringe . 8)
       (right-fringe . 0)
       (line-spacing . 0)
       (font . "Menlo-15")
       (top . 110)
       ))
    ("[.]"
     (display-buffer-reuse-window display-buffer-pop-up-frame)
       (dedicated . t)
       (pop-up-frame-parameters
       (tool-bar-lines . 1)
       ;; (left . 0)
       (left . 100)
       (left-fringe . 8)
       (right-fringe . 0)
       (top . 0)
       (height . 56)
       (width . 87)
       (font . "SF Mono-18")
       (line-spacing . 5)
      ))
))

Start Emacs.app. Open a file, say foo.tex. From the buffer showing
foo.tex, do Menu>Help>"Read the Emacs Manual". The latter action makes the
toolbar-buttons over foo.tex to disappear. Only after going back to
foo.tex _and_ there doing M_x, it shows up again. But then the
toolbar-buttons over "Read the Emacs Manual" disappear.

Thanks,

Konrad

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.3.0, NS appkit-2113.30 Version 12.2.1 (Build 21D62))
 of 2022-03-10 built on iMac-von-Konrad
Repository revision: 1044338ae7537e4516e426c4090c2b6414a9b787
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.2.1

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GLIB GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LaTeX/PS

Minor modes in effect:
  company-mode: t
  reftex-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator xref company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company pcase reftex-dcr reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars
bib-cite noutline outline dbus xml tex-buf font-latex latex easy-mmode
edmacro kmacro latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake project warnings
thingatpt tex-ispell tex-style tex crm texmathp tex-mode compile
text-property-search shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring latexenc
saveplace tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 143524 11519)
 (symbols 48 14278 1)
 (strings 32 49768 2405)
 (string-bytes 1 1510289)
 (vectors 16 28393)
 (vector-slots 8 379302 20535)
 (floats 8 85 22)
 (intervals 56 660 0)
 (buffers 992 13))