Subject: [bug#54323]

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 21:24:25 +0100

Hello,

remimimimi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello, sorry for the late response.

And sorry for my very late answer!

> About the license, I saw it at
> https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto#license and
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roboto that license is Apache 2.0. I just
> feel more confident about downloading these fonts from github than from
> google fonts. Should I download from google fonts because repo has no
> license?

The repository <https://github.com/googlefonts/RobotoMono> now contains
a license (Apache 2.0, unsurprisingly).
>
> I ran auto-format the file and didn't notice any changes, I'll remove it in
> the next patch version with all your proposed fixes.

The description should be much shorter, such as:

  "Roboto Mono is a monospaced addition to the Roboto type family.  Like
the other members of the Roboto family, the fonts are optimized for
readability on screens across a wide variety of devices and reading
environments."

I wonder about the version. How do you know it is 2.136? I don’t see any
reference to that number in the repository.

Also, the commit hash should be let bound around the package.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou