Subject: bug#54296: Add buffer-matching functionality

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 20:40:49 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:21:06 +0000
>> 
>> > I think we want in general avoid comparison with major-mode, and
>> > prefer derived-mode instead, and if so, IMO we had better did as we
>> > say and not exposed comparison to major mode unless we absolutely
>> > must.
>> 
>> Would it be enough to clarify this point in the documentation string?
>
> What would you like to clarify?

To clarify that the usage of (major-mode . foo-mode) might not be what
the user intends, and that in most cases derived-mode is preferable.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic