Subject: Re: [bug#54293] [PATCH v2] home: Add home-git-service-type.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:21:49 +0100

[email-masked] schreef op za 12-03-2022 om 10:22 [+0800]:
> +   "If @command{git-tag} or @command{git-commit} is not selecting the key you
> +want it to automatically when creating a signed tag or commit, you can
> +override the default selection with this variable.  This option is passed
> +unchanged to gpg’s @code{--local-user} parameter, so you may specify a key
> +using any method that gpg supports.")

I would do this in the third person (I think the manual recommends this
somewhere but I wouldn't know where), and avoid mentioning the
implementation details (‘this option is passed to’) in favour of the
meaning (basically, ‘declarative’ documentation instead of ‘procedural’
documentation).

Proposal:

"The PGP key, if any, to sign commmits and tags with.  This can be in
any format that gpg's @code{--local-user} parameter support, e.g. a PGP
fingerprint or an e-mail (*) address.  If set to @code{#false}, this
defaults to a private key corresponding to the name and e-mail of the
committer."

(*) I don't know if Guix uses "email" or "e-mail".

Greetings,
Maxime.