Subject: Re: [bug#54293] [PATCH v2] home: Add home-git-service-type.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:11:25 +0100

[email-masked] schreef op za 12-03-2022 om 10:22 [+0800]:
> +   "The human-readable name used in the author and committer identity when
> +creating commit or tag objects, or when writing reflogs.  If you need the
> +author or committer to be different, the @code{author.name} or
> +@code{committer.name} can be set.")

It does not need to he human-readable AFAIK, space aliens could write a
name in some space alphabet not understood by humans here (as long as
it's in Unicode).

This sentence could be simplified a lot:

"The name of the committer and author to record in commits and tags.
By default, git assumes the committer and author name to be the same.
To override this, the field @code{author.name} or @code{committer.name}
can be set."

This technically ignores reflogs, but I expect most people using git to
not have to know what reflogs are.

Greetings,
Maxime.