Subject: Re: Commit e8518c43 breaks guix pull on i686

From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 14:24:24 +0000

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Dienstag, dem 08.03.2022 um 13:33 -0500 schrieb Philip McGrath:

[...]

>> I don't know what the most correct way would be to write this code,
>> but I think we could defer the error until someone attempts to build
>> the package for the unsupported system by just writing something
>> like:
>> 
>>                         (define machine
>>                           #$(and=> (nix-system->chez-machine)
>>                                    chez-machine->threaded))
> I pushed that definition upstream, but a rewrite is still needed.

I can confirm that commit b8fc9169 (gnu: stex-bootstrap: Guard against
unsupported systems.) fixes this bug: The package cache builds and guix
pull succeeds on i686-linux.

[...]

Thanks,

Diego