Subject: bug#54290: Reply for zdiff-fix-arg-handling-bug.patch

From: Lv Ying <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 10:22:23 +0800

Hi Paul:

Thanks for your quick reply. I apply 
0001-zdiff-fix-arg-handling-bug.patch at the latest gzip code(commit 
2b281564e142c68acbdc) and test the problem.

This patch can fix options with argument(e.g zdiff -C 5). This patch did 
an interesting job to identify zidff options with argument([CDFISUWXx]), 
this case put option argument into cmp="$cmp '$2'". At last, cmp="$cmp 
--" separate options and filename arguments.

However this manual separation job can not handle filename before options.
zdiff -i -W 200 -U 5 a.gz b.gz
--- /dev/fd/5	2022-03-08 13:33:06.029980436 -0500
+++ -	2022-03-08 13:33:06.031632168 -0500
@@ -1 +1 @@
-aaaa
+bbbb
zdiff a.gz b.gz -i -W 200 -U 5
/root/community/gzip/zdiff: line 75: -i: No such file or directory

getopt command from util-linux can handle such situation. getopt can 
separate arguments and options by "--", even though arguments are before 
options.

Please add me when you reply this thread, so I can join this thread 
discuss easily.

-- 
Thanks!
Lv Ying