Subject: bug#54283: eog-plugins don't shop up

From: Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:27:05 +0200

Hello, Liliana. Thank you for looking into this.

Indeed, the latest stable release of eog-plugins is 3.26.8 per
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/eog-plugins/-/blob/master/NEWS

If this is of any help, I looked into Debian and Fedora installations.
Fedora uses eog-plugins version 3.26.8 with eog 41.1, and Debian uses
eog-plugins 3.26.5 with eog 3.38.2. The plugins seem to be installed to
/usr/lib64/eog/plugins on Fedora and to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/eog/plugins on Debian. For your reference, I attach my lookup on
Fedora of where the map plugin installs its files and a look at the
plugins directory contents.

Roman

У пн, 2022-03-07 у 08:30 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler пише:
> Hi Roman,
> 
> Am Montag, dem 07.03.2022 um 07:34 +0200 schrieb Roman Riabenko:
> > I installed eog-plugins, but they do not show up in EOG Preferences
> > >
> > Plugins.
> Note that eog-plugins have the version 3.26.8, while EOG itself has
> version 40.3 -- in other words, a mismatch.  There is to my knowledge
> no eog-plugins release for 40.3, but there are release candidates for
> 42.  Apart from that, it would appear that the plugin installation
> path
> changed from lib/ to share/, but we could add our own lib-respecting
> plugin path to eog with a patch or snippet once we have corresponding
> eog-plugins again.
> 
> Cheers