Subject: bug#5428: vc-annotate for Bzr does not show the date

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 02:55:39 +0300

On 05/09/2015 12:35 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Using vc-annotate on a file under Git gives me a buffer where the first
> 90 columns are taken up with Git output. The actual file itself is
> pushed completely off the right.

I've made the date shorter, it'll save us 15 columns.

> The "lisp/emacs-lisp/syntax.el " bit seems useless to me.

That's only displayed if the file has been renamed at some point (some 
revisions are from different paths). But when it is, there's no way to 
turn it off.

Or rather there is: using the -c flag, but then it uses tabs in the 
output, and they make columns not always line up.

Maybe we could remove the file paths in a vc-run-delayed block. Should 
we worry that someone might find them useful?

> The bzr version uses a truncated email address rather than a full name.

We could replace the names with full email addresses, but those are even 
longer, at times.

> The line numbers are totally unnecessary.

Maybe it is, but it's a minor problem compared to the other fields. Also 
there's no way to turn it off.