Subject: bug#5428: vc-annotate for Bzr does not show the date

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 06:13:47 -0500

>> > Can you please explain how was this different with CVS (and all other
>> > VCs besides svn)?
>> It wasn't.  So it was a problem that wasn't solved for CVS.
>> Doesn't mean it should be re-introduced for Bzr.
> Does it mean that your personal preference should make it impossible to
> do useful searches by date?

No, just that the current preference should not simply be replaced by
another one, unless we provide a way to configure VC to get the current
preference back.

FWIW, it's not impossible to do such searches: Use vc-print-log to see
which dates corresponds to which revision numbers, and then search by
revision number.

> Why not fix it properly, instead of breaking it?  At least don't make it
> strictly worse.

That's exactly what I want: to fix it properly, rather than to replace
one problem with another.

> Please explain why is it better not to be able to search by date.

I already explained it.

        Stefan