Subject: Re: bug#54277: 'guix pull' fails

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 21:30:05 -0400

Hello,

Никита Зинкевич <[email-masked]> writes:

> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
> 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
> Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to e7886fd (315 new
> commits)...
> Building from this channel:
>   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	e7886fd
> substitute: updating substitutes from
> 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 0.0%guix substitute: warning:
> ci.guix.gnu.org: connection failed: Connection timed out
> substitute:
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> building /gnu/store/2ih3xpn6cbaajnbajsskfd75l7in7fkm-module-import.drv...
> building
> /gnu/store/q32v1p84mx92yvr2il23ag9damiq7jxg-module-import-compiled.drv...
> building
> /gnu/store/6fs70csi6jmgjp0f4vwixzdprpz2z295-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
> Backtrace:
>           17 (primitive-load
>           "/gnu/store/47jgrwakv5mwmxp1whz1i1wmhb50xd7j-compute-guix-derivation")
> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>     155:9 16 (_ _)
>     159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
>     ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>     152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
>     152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
> In ./guix/store.scm:
>   2129:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f0466e29140>
>   #<procedure 7f0464d95780 at ./guix/self.scm:12?> ?)
>    1966:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f0466e29140>)
> In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>    296:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f0466e29140>)
>    1177:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f04564517d0>)
>    1043:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f04564517d0>)
>     889:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f04564517d0>)
> In ./guix/store.scm:
>   2014:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f04564517d0>)
>    1406:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
>    7f04564517d0> #<procedure 7f0453336e00 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
>   1421:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f04564517d0>
>   ("/gnu/store/awbqcblsksjrvgi80skcv5s5bfvw92h6-guile-ssh-?" ?) ?)
>   1421:15  3 (loop #f)
>    733:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7f04564517d0> _)
> In ./guix/serialization.scm:
>    102:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
>      80:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)
>
> ./guix/serialization.scm:80:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
> ERROR:
>   1. &nar-error:
>       file: #f
>       port: #<input-output: file 10>
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
> '/gnu/store/47jgrwakv5mwmxp1whz1i1wmhb50xd7j-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
> "e7886fd6746267e26cf11628f96d8082680b496f"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "f8aa8899e265a46fd3dff6c717ec484057ba2b68"; pull-version: 1).
> Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

I just had a similar error trying to 'guix pull' on an ARMv7 board,
pasting it here in case it may help investigating:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
# guix pull --allow-downgrades
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix pull: warning: moving channel 'guix' from aa34d4d28dfe25ba47d5800d05000fb7221788c0 to unrelated commit 465259be78600d17d83f0cee6b06b8a83babda16
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 465259b (11382 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   465259b
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/00i9abs4gx5fa599zpdblrdv64zsgprr-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/l5y63k7qx907s0r8j1sy1szf8rhj3pgh-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/yyp6pr73gzy9g9jq3s66p02nn36mphn6-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/k632rh653c4wczwhccaxx80c372p34y2-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/yx2gzcsvbvn9wf09ywhh8b99cnphbwgf-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
[...]
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 glibc-utf8-locales-2.33  382KiB                               23.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-static-5.1.8  477KiB                                      452KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 gnutls-3.7.2-doc  1.0MiB                                        16KiB/s 01:06 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-2.33  7.6MiB                                              65KiB/s 02:00 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.8  504KiB                                     432KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 gcc-10.3.0-lib  2.8MiB                                          68KiB/s 00:43 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.8  504KiB                                     411KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 bzip2-1.0.8  51KiB                                             4.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 expat-2.4.1  83KiB                                            11.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 gmp-6.2.1  412KiB                                              347KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 http-parser-2.9.4-1.ec8b5ee  17KiB                             2.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libffi-3.3  45KiB                                              3.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgc-8.0.4  201KiB                                             67KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
 libgpg-error-1.42  200KiB                                       56KiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
 libtasn1-4.17.0  97KiB                                         6.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgcrypt-1.8.8  434KiB                                        386KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 libunistring-0.9.10  469KiB                                    421KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 ncurses-6.2.20210619  564KiB                                     3KiB/s 03:35 [##################] 100.-%
 libidn2-2.3.1  117KiB                                           15KiB/s 00:08 [##################] 100.0%
 nettle-3.7.3  351KiB                                            20KiB/s 00:18 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/7bhcqdgxq9z85bvbhc6d2cr0i55fr7sq-nghttp2-1.44.0-lib: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 nghttp2-1.44.0-lib  75KiB                                      6.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.-%
 openssl-1.1.1l  1.4MiB                                         204KiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
 p11-kit-0.23.22  349KiB                                         27KiB/s 00:13 [##################] 100.0%
/guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/hvjc0xkk1azczwjadwr6h1csmjmjcwbf-mit-krb5-1.19.2: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 mit-krb5-1.19.2  912KiB                                        104KiB/s 00:09 [##################] 100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  155KiB                                      149KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 readline-8.1.1  367KiB                                          25KiB/s 00:14 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/hasyjjdnkcxdbppjannmpmlwmvw605sr-guile-3.0.7: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 guile-3.0.7  6.7MiB                                             46KiB/s 02:27 [##################] 100.0%
 zlib-1.2.11  70KiB                                              11KiB/s 00:06 [##################] 100.0%
 gnutls-3.7.2  1.6MiB                                            53KiB/s 00:32 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/23xw38kz02xcz0vfl99z64jsq3sfvzfr-libssh-0.9.6: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 libssh-0.9.6  215KiB                                          11.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 curl-7.79.1  332KiB                                            116KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
 gnutls-3.7.2-debug  4.3MiB                                     976KiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
 git-minimal-2.34.0  3.6MiB                                      97KiB/s 00:38 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/chms3287g97whdbwnp07axzpbdwrvlsh-guile-ssh-0.15.1: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 guile-ssh-0.15.1  205KiB                                       141KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 libssh2-1.9.0  198KiB                                           18KiB/s 00:11 [##################] 100.|%
 guile-ssh-0.15.1-debug  206KiB                                 150KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 pcre2-10.37  952KiB                                             73KiB/s 00:13 [##################] 100.0%
 libgit2-1.3.0  522KiB                                          474KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-git-0.5.2  403KiB                                          442B/s 15:34 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
[...]
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 graphviz-2.49.0-doc  2.0MiB                                   39.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 binutils-2.37  3.8MiB                                          140KiB/s 00:28 [##################] 100.0%
 bzip2-1.0.8  51KiB                                             4.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 coreutils-8.32  2.3MiB                                         111KiB/s 00:21 [##################] 100.|%
 coreutils-minimal-8.32  2.3MiB                                  92KiB/s 00:25 [##################] 100.0%
 diffutils-3.8  315KiB                                          127KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 ed-1.17  49KiB                                                  21KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 file-5.39  268KiB                                               70KiB/s 00:04 [##################] 100.0%
 findutils-4.8.0  458KiB                                         84KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
 font-dejavu-2.37  2.3MiB                                       306KiB/s 00:08 [##################] 100.0%
 fribidi-1.0.9  68KiB                                           2.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100./%
 gdbm-1.20  164KiB                                              114KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-2.33-static  813KiB                                      285KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-utf8-locales-2.33  382KiB                                 63KiB/s 00:06 [##################] 100.0%
 graphite2-1.3.13  77KiB                                         74KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 grep-3.6  210KiB                                                46KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.8  6.8MiB                                             87KiB/s 01:20 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-bytestructures-1.0.10  185KiB                              9KiB/s 00:22 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/617sif4pkjcr5q4wrdbs23qbq6ppzcx1-guile-gcrypt-0.3.0: server is somewhat slow
/guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 guile-gcrypt-0.3.0  141KiB                                      20KiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/lwz390h8y26bkmal20xiw5s2pz409h82-guile-json-3.5.0: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 guile-json-3.5.0  44KiB                                          3KiB/s 00:13 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/prr4fjcsxwd3lllsm59yllg434fnn90w-guile-json-4.5.2: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 guile-json-4.5.2  52KiB                                         17KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-lib-0.2.7  367KiB                                         17KiB/s 00:22 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/dpqr54r8w66ay4rf4sf76yv7ljvdnzij-guile-zlib-0.1.0: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
 guile-zlib-0.1.0  37KiB                                        2.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-1.3.0-24.2fb4304-checkout  9.0MiB                          24KiB/s 05:14 [##############    ]  83.2%Backtrace:
          16 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/29jsjj78phi91qk6q7d579lzxahssmaw-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 15 (_ _)
    159:9 14 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 12 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2129:24 11 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 73621cf8> _ #:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
   1966:8 10 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22  9 (_ _)
   1180:2  8 (_ _)
   1046:2  7 (_ _)
    892:4  6 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2014:12  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7227a370>)
  1410:13  4 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7227a370> #<procedure 72272af8 at ./guix/store.scm:20?> ?)
   1406:5  3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7227a370> #<procedure 68037740 at ./guix/store.scm:14?> ?)
  1421:15  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7227a370> _ _)
   733:11  1 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7227a370> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
     80:6  0 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)

./guix/serialization.scm:80:6: In procedure read-int:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/29jsjj78phi91qk6q7d579lzxahssmaw-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "465259be78600d17d83f0cee6b06b8a83babda16"; system: "armhf-linux";
host version: "aa34d4d28dfe25ba47d5800d05000fb7221788c0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks,

Maxim