Subject: [bug#54267] [PATCH] doc: Add "Running Guix System on a Capsul Server" chapter.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 09:36:38 +0100

Am Montag, dem 07.03.2022 um 12:04 -0500 schrieb jgart:
> 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
That is a broad label and no indicator of quality whatsoever.  It
applies to organizations genuinely interested in the betterment of
society, happy faces painted on top of companies taking weird business
decisions (looking at you, Mozilla), and right-wing think tanks spewing
propaganda while claiming to be an academical institution in name only
and accepting huge amounts of cash to speak on behalf of big oil
against any regulations that would impact their profits.

> On Mon, 07 Mar 2022 13:28:58 +0100 Liliana Marie Prikler
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Sounds more like an ad than a recipe to me.  Note that "latest
> > stable" means "I enjoy being part of a crypto-mining botnet and
> > would like to dedicate more harware towards reaching the 3 degree
> > target" when speaking about rolling release distribution models.  
> > Then again... "cryptocurrency payments are back"[1].
> 
> I'd be less suspicious to promote Cyberia [...] than DigitalOcean.
> Capsul's approach to providing Guix System is a better approach than
> using some cloud infrastructure provider that doesn't care to make
> Guix System a first-class citizen.
> I think we should promote grassroots organizations like this and be
> more suspicious of companies funded by VC money instead
> (DigitalOcean, Github, etc...).
While in principle I agree that all companies are sketchy always, the
cookbook still is not a place for endorsements, but for technical
solutions.  Your contribution is the former.  To be anything but you
should at the very least guide users through the process of purging
password-less root access.

Cheers