Subject: Re: bug#54263: 29.0.50; color-values-from-color-spec accepts whitespace in rgbi: specifications

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 20:28:32 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I am not certain if this is intended, but the "rgbi:" specifications
>> appear to tolerate whitespace
>>
>>        (color-values-from-color-spec "rgbi:0/0/ 0")
>>
>> despite not being documented.
>
> If we were designing this function now, then being stricter here would
> be a good idea.  But if there's code out there that relies on the
> current sloppy parsing, then it'd be problematic to make it stricter.
>
> On the other hand, I think that function was introduced in emacs-28, so
> perhaps that's not a concern in practice?

I haven't seen the function being used anywhere up until now (which
doesn't have to mean anything), but considering that this is a
relatively niche edge-case I would say that the bug should either be
solved now or never.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic