Subject: Re: bug#54261: [PATCH]: Update GTK to 4.6.1.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 21:56:08 +0200

Hi,

Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]> skribis:

> To Ludovic Courtès: 
>
> If you think this hack to fcitx5-gtk is bad, I'd like to update to pango
> and make these changes on core-updates.

I think the fcitx5-gtk split is good; maybe it’s not idea, but it’s a
good middleground IMO.

Like I wrote, the patches LGTM for master, except that I’d suggest
merging the bits that go together:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54261#20

Liliana suggests “doing the right thing”, which is to update the default
pango, but that would require delaying to ‘core-updates’.  Instead, I
think it’s okay to have it the way you propose in ‘master’.

I hope this clarifies my view!

Thanks,
Ludo’.