Subject: Re: bug#54261: [PATCH]: Update GTK to 4.6.1.

From: Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 13:56:46 +0800

Ok, just update pango and queue these commits into the core-updates
branch :( 

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 28.03.2022 um 23:37 +0800 schrieb Zhu Zihao:
>> 
>> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Am Sonntag, dem 27.03.2022 um 11:04 +0800 schrieb Zhu Zihao:
>> > > ping. Any thoughts?
>> > As far as I can see, the main issue (GTK propagating pango-next)
>> > has not been addressed, we're just piling on workarounds.  This is
>> > not the way to go, as it will inevitably lead to more conflicts
>> > later on.
>> > 
>> > If possible, I'd suggest trying to build GTK against the old pango,
>> > perhaps with a patch that can be removed on core-updates.  WDYT?
>> 
>> 
>> Try build GTK 4.6.1 with Pango 1.48 is so tricky IMO. GTK 4.6.1 may
>> use the API introduced in pango 1.50 series. Currently my idea's make
>> GTK+ 2 & 3 use Pango 1.50. It'll triggeer 3000+ builds, and we can
>> put it to stage branch (if we update pango, it will trigger 7000+
>> builds)
> 3k rebuilds is still beyond the limit of 1.5k and doesn't address the
> main issue (that being propagation).

-- 
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F

Zihao