Subject: Re: bug#54261: [PATCH]: Update GTK to 4.6.1.

From: Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 23:37:20 +0800

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, dem 27.03.2022 um 11:04 +0800 schrieb Zhu Zihao:
>> 
>> ping. Any thoughts?
>> 
> As far as I can see, the main issue (GTK propagating pango-next) has
> not been addressed, we're just piling on workarounds.  This is not the
> way to go, as it will inevitably lead to more conflicts later on.
>
> If possible, I'd suggest trying to build GTK against the old pango,
> perhaps with a patch that can be removed on core-updates.  WDYT?

Try build GTK 4.6.1 with Pango 1.48 is so tricky IMO. GTK 4.6.1 may use
the API introduced in pango 1.50 series. Currently my idea's make GTK+ 2
& 3 use Pango 1.50. It'll triggeer 3000+ builds, and we can put it to
stage branch (if we update pango, it will trigger 7000+ builds)

-- 
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F

Zihao