Subject: bug#54259: pypi importer prints backtrace when no source package exists

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 10:07:26 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 at 09:36, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Fixed in ebb03447f8cc93b9e070b3e7706d7a64d5d1772c.
>
> The problem was with projects that lack a home page on PyPI.  For
> others, the result looks like this:

Well, we are fixing importer per importer when the same issue appears
across many if not all the importers.  For instance, a similar issue
for opam:

    <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/53165>
    <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/52040>

And I remember one about hackage but I cannot find the report -- maybe
fixed since then.

My point is : the importers would deserve a revamp and refactoring.
Maybe an Outreachy project. :-)

Cheers,
simon