Subject: bug#5425: po-mode adds blank headers to many po files

From: Praveen A <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:35:48 +0530

Hi,

Some po files are opened with an additional/unnecessary po file
header. The same is observed when moving to text mode (E) and coming
back to po-mode.

I have been observing this with many po files but it was difficult to
reproduce the problem. Now I have foud one po file which consistently
reproduce this bug. It is attached.

Some cases a find and replace outside po-mode and coming back to
po-mode exhibits same behaviour.

1. Observe the file header in a different text editor (gedit, kedit...)
2. Now open  the file in emacs
3. po-mode adds an extra blank header at top

emacs version 23.1.91.1 (compiled from trunk a while back)

In most cases I have to exit from po-mode (E), remove the offending
lines and go back to po-mode.

- Praveen
-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
<GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
<DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)
Our FOSS Meeting @ NITC Feb 5-7 http://fossmeet.in