Subject: bug#54248: 29.0.50; Uninterned symbols malcompiling

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 02:24:41 +0100

Hello,

this must be a few days old at maximum.  Random example:

Byte compile a file containing

  (set '#:my-toggle-invisible 3)

Load the compiled file ==> (wrong-type-argument symbolp (nil))

Interpreted code works.

CC'ing Alan because this might be related to his latest changes to the
compiler, I didn't investigate, sorry if not.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 41, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-03-04 built on drachen
Repository revision: e46bb68ac27625e4bc466da842f74baea63e835a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-xwidgets'