Subject: Re: 29.0.50; Uninterned symbols malcompiling

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:47:39 +0000

Hello, Michael.

On Sat, Mar 05, 2022 at 02:24:41 +0100, Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> Hello,

> this must be a few days old at maximum.  Random example:

> Byte compile a file containing

>   (set '#:my-toggle-invisible 3)

> Load the compiled file ==> (wrong-type-argument symbolp (nil))

> Interpreted code works.

> CC'ing Alan because this might be related to his latest changes to the
> compiler, I didn't investigate, sorry if not.

Yes, it was a bug in the byte compiler I introduced recently.  I've just
committed a fix.  Could you please update your repository, and let me
know whether this fix fixes the bug fully.  Thanks!

Could you also let me know whether this fix has any positive impact on
the other bug, #54079.  Thanks again!

> TIA,

> Michael.

> In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 41, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
>  of 2022-03-04 built on drachen
> Repository revision: e46bb68ac27625e4bc466da842f74baea63e835a
> Repository branch: master
> Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
> System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

> Configured using:
>  'configure --with-native-compilation --with-xwidgets'

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).