Subject: Re: bug#54247: "guix pull error: You found a bug"

From: Pierre-Henry Fröhring <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 11:23:34 +0100

Thanks for the report.

      It appears this happened while ci.guix.gnu.org (Cuirass) was down; I wonder
      what the error was though.  Could you please try the following:

      –8<—————cut here—————start————->8— $ guix build
      /gnu/store/6yhwysy1x5zc5s4xbdar2sayqc20fwdl-compute-guix-derivation
      –8<—————cut here—————end—————>8—

      To retry building the problematic derivation?  And attach the full compressed
      log here.

      Thank you,

      Maxim

Thank you for the swift answer Maxim. Executing :

┌────
│ guix build /gnu/store/6yhwysy1x5zc5s4xbdar2sayqc20fwdl-compute-guix-derivation
└────

yielded nothing.

Executing :

┌────
│ guix pull
└────

yielded the same result as above.

I resized the tiny VPS to a bigger one just above and it worked. Here is the new "size" of
the VPS :

      Basic - Premium AMD, Shared CPU, 1 vCPU, 2 GB, 25 GB, 2 TB

May I suggest a kind of warning or test for hardware requirements when `guix' is used ?

Thank you, PHF