Subject: Re: bug#54245: 29.0.50; select usage in GNUstep

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 17:10:00 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Paul noted in bug#32452 that:
>
> ---
> I notice that Emacs's GNUstep code calls 'select'. For completeness this 
> should be 'pselect' instead, so that Emacs never calls 'select'.
> ---

I guess it's this code:

- (void)fd_handler:(id)unused
/* --------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Check data waiting on file descriptors and terminate if so.
   -------------------------------------------------------------------------- */
{
[...]
          result = select (selfds[0]+1, &fds, NULL, NULL, NULL);
          if (result > 0 && read (selfds[0], &c, 1) == 1 && c == 'g')
	    waiting = 0;

nsterm.m uses pselect throughout otherwise, so I guess changing this to
pselect should be unproblematic, too?  Perhaps Alan has some comments;
added to the CCs.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no