Subject: File is searched on incorrect path

From: francismb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 21:39:42 +0200

Hi,
here on the same track, trying to use recoll on guix foreign distro:

1) recoll log.txt
[...]
:2:index/indexer.cpp:405::ConfIndexer::createAspellDict: aspell
buildDict failed: aspell dictionary creation command failed:
/gnu/store/mgcicm6phq4971195znrrv804r89sb0b-aspell-0.60.8/bin/aspell
--lang=en --encoding=utf-8 create master /home/ci/.recoll/aspdict.en.rws
One possible reason might be missing language data files for lang = en.
Maybe try to execute the command by hand for a better diag.
[...]

2) ~$ guix package --list-installed=aspell\*
aspell-dict-es	1.11-2      	out
/gnu/store/0jzq0qb1ljq973h403japslq5kvsr13g-aspell-dict-es-1.11-2
aspell        	0.60.8      	out
/gnu/store/mgcicm6phq4971195znrrv804r89sb0b-aspell-0.60.8
aspell-dict-uk	1.4.0-0     	out
/gnu/store/7b4925ih5xgfkscd5zd0bp57ms62d6j6-aspell-dict-uk-1.4.0-0
aspell-dict-de	20161207-7-0	out
/gnu/store/r4gmz8ff5z26kswk435rg47pl9kpx59x-aspell-dict-de-20161207-7-0
aspell-dict-en	2020.12.07-0	out
/gnu/store/bssgajl900xbki758ainw9kimza9jxmi-aspell-dict-en-2020.12.07-0
aspell-dict-ca	2.5.0       	out
/gnu/store/ln7c0ibs6li92r12yraqcwwn3l29psa6-aspell-dict-ca-2.5.0

Trying to run the aspell, as the recoll log.txt:
3) ~$ aspell --lang=en --encoding=utf-8 create master
$HOME/.recoll/aspict.en.rws
Error: The language "en" is not known. This is probably because: the
file
"/gnu/store/mgcicm6phq4971195znrrv804r89sb0b-aspell-0.60.8/lib/aspell-0.60/en.dat"
can not be opened for reading.

Find does not seem to find anything:

4) ~$ find $(guix build aspell-dict-en) -name \*cset

5) ~$ find $(guix build aspell-dict-en) -name \*cmap

as vapnik spaknik stated, there seems to be no "file
"/gnu/store/mgcicm6phq4971195znrrv804r89sb0b-aspell-0.60.8/lib/aspell-0.60/en.dat"
but those are on the language package itself:

6) ~$ find $(guix build aspell-dict-en) -name \*.dat
/gnu/store/bssgajl900xbki758ainw9kimza9jxmi-aspell-dict-en-2020.12.07-0/lib/aspell/en_phonet.dat
/gnu/store/bssgajl900xbki758ainw9kimza9jxmi-aspell-dict-en-2020.12.07-0/lib/aspell/en_affix.dat
/gnu/store/bssgajl900xbki758ainw9kimza9jxmi-aspell-dict-en-2020.12.07-0/lib/aspell/en.dat

(that last is not
"/gnu/store/mgcicm6phq4971195znrrv804r89sb0b-aspell-0.60.8/lib/aspell-0.60/en.dat"
(see 3)

I hope it helps!
francisMB