Subject: Re: [bug#54235] [PATCH 2/3] gnu: Add ck.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 17:55:26 +0100

Maxim Cournoyer schreef op do 03-03-2022 om 09:05 [-0500]:
> +          (replace 'configure
> +            ;; ck uses a custom configure script that stumbles on
> +            ;; '--enable-fast-install'.
> +            (lambda* (#:key parallel-build? #:allow-other-keys)
> +              (invoke "./configure"
> +                      (string-append "--prefix=" #$output)
> +                      (string-append "--mandir=" #$output "/share/man")
> +                      "--use-cc-builtins"
> +                      (string-append "--cores="
> +                                     (if parallel-build?
> +                                         (number->string (parallel-job-count))
> +                                         "1"))))))))

For cross-compilation support, it seems that the CC environment
variable needs to be set (and possibly AR and LD as well).

Also, the configure script looks in /proc/cpuinfo for ‘address sizes’
and ‘VMA bits’, there might be some reproducibility and cross-
compilation concerns there.

The configure script enables SSE things by default (on x86-32).  I
don't know if that can be assumed in Guix.

Greetings,
Maxime.