Subject: bug#54233: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Missing symbols in tex--prettify-symbols-alist

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 16:34:39 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is there any point in adding the numerical code to all these lines?

It's for reference only to show which character LaTeX will pick.  One
difference I found between the current implementation and my patch is
the entry for \textdied.  Current implementation is:

  character: ✝ (displayed as ✝) (codepoint 10013, #o23435, #x271d)
   to input: type "C-x 8 RET 271d" or "C-x 8 RET LATIN CROSS"

LaTeX does (and my change too):

  character: † (displayed as †) (codepoint 8224, #o20040, #x2020)
   to input: type "C-x 8 RET 2020" or "C-x 8 RET DAGGER"

One could now argue that the current implementation is better for
prettifying, but I would say to stick with LaTeX does to keep the
difference between final product and what you see in the editor low.
But that's only me.

> And if we want that, I think this should be two patches -- one that
> adds the new symbols,

I can provide a new patch and delete the code points, just let me know.

Best, Arash