Subject: bug#54222: I found a bug I guess

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 22:36:00 -0500

Hi,

T T <[email-masked]> writes:

> I installed guix on top of debian unstable using the package from the
> debian repo. As soon as I ran guix pull for the first time, the pull
> fails. Here is the session:
>
>
>
> $ guix pull
> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
> Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 8e00050 (32,780 new commits)...
> Building from this channel:
>   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	8e00050
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
>  libtiff-4.2.0-doc  358KiB              155KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
>  bash-static-5.0.16  625KiB             440KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  glibc-2.31  8.2MiB                     1.6MiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
>  bash-minimal-5.0.16  559KiB            604KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  gcc-7.5.0-lib  4.5MiB                  2.2MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
>  libjpeg-turbo-2.0.5  380KiB            759KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  xz-5.2.4  246KiB                       259KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  zlib-1.2.11  82KiB                     168KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
>  libtiff-4.2.0  391KiB                  334KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
>  bdb-5.3.28  945KiB                     313KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
>  bash-minimal-5.0.16  559KiB            400KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  gdbm-1.18.1  171KiB                    335KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  gmp-6.2.0  583KiB                      436KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  libffi-3.3  54KiB                      1.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
>  libgc-8.0.4  224KiB                    239KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  libltdl-2.4.6  37KiB                    76KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
>  libtasn1-4.16.0  104KiB                151KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  libunistring-0.9.10  500KiB            360KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  mit-krb5-1.18  1.1MiB                  721KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
>  libidn2-2.3.0  120KiB                  228KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  nettle-3.5.1  285KiB                   301KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  openssl-1.1.1j  2.1MiB                 1.5MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  pkg-config-0.29.2  202KiB              396KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  cyrus-sasl-2.1.27  234KiB              247KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  guile-3.0.2  6.9MiB                    2.3MiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
>  gnutls-3.6.15  1.7MiB                  1.7MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  openldap-2.4.57  1.2MiB                1.2MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
>  curl-7.76.0-doc  624KiB                231KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
>  nghttp2-1.41.0-lib  89KiB               91KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  openldap-2.4.50  1.2MiB                192KiB/s 00:06 [##################] 100.0%
>  curl-7.76.0  385KiB                    275KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
>  expat-2.2.9  95KiB                      67KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  curl-7.74.0  379KiB                    179KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
>  git-minimal-2.31.1  4.1MiB             785KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
>  gnutls-3.6.15-doc  1.0MiB              342KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
>  zlib-1.2.11  82KiB                     175KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
>  gcc-7.5.0  15.2MiB                     2.8MiB/s 00:06 [##################] 100.0%
>  gnutls-3.6.15-debug  2.3MiB            1.2MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
>  gmp-6.2.0  583KiB                      225KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
>  libffi-3.3  54KiB                       56KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  libgc-8.0.4  224KiB                    197KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  libgpg-error-1.37  206KiB              213KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  libltdl-2.4.6  37KiB                    76KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
>  libgcrypt-1.8.5  515KiB                458KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  libunistring-0.9.10  500KiB            543KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  guile-gcrypt-0.3.0  149KiB             318KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
>  pkg-config-0.29.2  201KiB              198KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
>  guile-3.0.2  6.9MiB                    1.3MiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
> building /gnu/store/sflmgcfcdwizj7iyd3pfksdvrkc3pskb-config.scm.drv...
> building /gnu/store/7k17dvmcrdicjsdxmpvhss4p3i3d70j5-git.scm.drv...
> building /gnu/store/j9s3n7iqvh8pqkxkwy91nq3qynr1nby7-hash.scm.drv...
> building /gnu/store/3n2l31b7fvbc2wwrhnakf5s1lwsq1w3g-module-import.drv...
> building /gnu/store/6p1l3jpa88pq0ns0p04173bcv31l175j-module-import.drv...
> building /gnu/store/jvakc7dncsqviz7xzdz9zplyw6lf9g7w-module-import-compiled.drv...
> building /gnu/store/j2xm5zh3rlv6s5sjx5q8s5p5i6j5yqkx-module-import-compiled.drv...
> building /gnu/store/0irrwj2d9zgxh2kip57w99igxxvd8g38-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
> Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |Backtrace:
>           13 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/1bbivg9snahr2p7njrxdavbhpsvc8ssq-compute-guix-derivation")
> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>     155:9 12 (_ _)
>     159:9 11 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>     152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
>     152:2  9 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
> In ./guix/store.scm:
>   2129:24  8 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fb322a4f280> _ #:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
>    1966:8  7 (_ _)
> In ./guix/gexp.scm:
>    296:22  6 (_ _)
>    1177:2  5 (_ _)
>    1043:2  4 (_ _)
>     889:4  3 (_ _)
> In ./guix/store.scm:
>   2014:12  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fb3244a4d20>)
>    1406:5  1 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7fb3244a4d20> #<procedure 7fb320ed3b70 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
>   1421:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fb3244a4d20> _ _)
>
> ./guix/store.scm:1421:15: ERROR:
>   1. &store-protocol-error:
>       message: "`/usr/bin/guix substitute' died unexpectedly"
>       status: 1
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/1bbivg9snahr2p7njrxdavbhpsvc8ssq-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "8e00050de0e3d9958685a8b0a595443b5565996b"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1)

Were you able to get around the issue by retrying?  Or does it fail
consistently every time?

Thank you for the report,

Maxim