Subject: bug#54204: closed (Re: mumi search by date provides unexpected results)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 20:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54204: mumi search by date provides unexpected results

which was filed against the mumi package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54204: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54204
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: mumi search by date provides unexpected results
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: kiasoc5 <[email-masked]>, Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 21:53:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Roman and kiasoc5,

I believe this issue has been fixed now with this commit:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/mumi.git/commit/?id=43be00db61d5b87dc42a6212d8d77ad05cdd69c9

So, I am closing this issue. Feel free to reopen if you see any
unexpected results.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Arun

Subject: mumi search by date provides unexpected results
From: Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 08:34:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This report is for the instance at issues.guix.gnu.org. The hint under
the search field and the online help documentation suggest that "date:"
filter can be used to improve the search results.[1] However, the
results are different from what is documented. For example, there is a
report submitted on 16 February 2022 and a patch submitted on 20
Fenruary 2022 both contaning the word "mumi".[2][3] I can see them at
the end of search results when searching for "mumi".[4] But I cannot
find them with any of the following:

1. mumi date:20d..now
2. mumi date:2022-02-01..2022-02-28

The first one returns older posts only.[5] The second one returns
nothing.[6]

And the last hinted filter does return links to the expected issues but
also returns other issues which are apparently out of the specified
time period and so introduces noise in the search results making
filtering less effective:[7]

3. mumi date:1m..today

---

[1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/help#search
[2] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54024
[3] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54072
[4] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/search?query=mumi
[5] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/search?query=mumi+date%3A20d..now
[6]
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/search?query=mumi+date%3A2022-02-01..2022-02-28
[7] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/search?query=mumi+date%3A1m..today

---

Roman